SpaStaySelect visit The Spa at Roko Chiswick Bridge, London
Perfect for hen party spa days and midweek getaways- feel relaxed and refreshed after a spa day at Roko.
With an easy to reach location and spa day packages starting from just £49 per person it's easy to see why The Spa at Roko Chiswick Bridge in leafy Chiswick, West London is so popular for spa days. Just a 10 minute walk from Chiswick mainline station (great for those coming from both in and outside of London) or a 5 minute walk from a bus stop, the spa also has a large car park meaning getting there won't be a problem by rail or road. And being lucky SpaStayers meant that we were fortunate enough to try out the facilities and a pampering treatment for ourselves!
After a show round of the facilities, which include a large and fully equipped gym as well as the health club and spa, we made our way to the changing room. Complete with a spacious changing area with wooden benches, private changing rooms, toilets, shower cubicles for after your spa and leisure use and a bar area with a large mirror and four hairdryers, this changing room is perfect for getting ready if you’re going out after your spa day! The changing rooms (both male and female) lead straight out to the pool and leisure area. With six large, cosy loungers along one side and bathed in soft blue lighting the pool area is a relaxing place to catch up with friends before a spa treatment. Separated from the pool and loungers by a glass partition is the spa area, which includes a steam room, good size sauna, hydrotherapy pool and two showers. The big hydrotherapy pool was incredibly soothing with the warm, bubbling water making us thoroughly relaxed, even before we had enjoyed our treatments!
Following our time in the spa we headed back past the café and leisure reception and into the separate spa area. This is where you will come when you are having treatments, are having a consultation beforehand with a spa therapist, indulging with a manicure at the manicure station or wishing to relax in the cosy relaxation room after your treatments. The treatments, in one of the spa's three treatment rooms and on a heated bed for extra comfort, were fantastic. After a consultation our treatments were tailored to make sure we got the most out of them, whether that was soothing tight muscles with the pampering back massage or boosting the skin's moisture after weeks of indoor heating and outdoor freezing!
After our pampering treatments we rested on the spa loungers by the pool for a while before getting ready and heading to the leisure café and enjoying a coffee before the journey home. All in all a thoroughly relaxing afternoon!
Top tips to get the most out of your Roko spa day:
- Check which classes are available in your chosen day as you can enjoy these completely free as part of your spa package, please note that pre-booking is essential for certain classes!
- One spa treatment room has a shower so body scrubs are available at this venue but would need to be booked one at a time
- The 'Half Day Spa' not only includes up to 90 minutes of treatments (depending on which you choose from the available selection) it also includes a welcome tea or coffee and a fruit smoothie in the leisure cafe. Perfect for an afternoon of pampering!
- The leisure café is a cosy place to relax for lunch or at the end of the day so make sure to enjoy a coffee, cake or savoury bite before you leave!
- Roko does have a car park for those driving to their spa day. For those travelling by public transport the 190, E3 and 272 buses are all nearby. The nearest train station (Chiswick) is roughly 10 minutes’ walk away and is an overground service.